Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hair Grows Back

Well, for some of my bald friends, they would disagree, and for that, I am truly sorry.
Hair Cut or Head Enlarged?
I am, on occasion, an odd bird, as it is sometimes called.  My wife had made comments to me about both her unhappiness of the use of "product" in my hair (women like to comb their fingers through my hair, unhindered, you know...) and the fact that within days of getting it cut, it would inevitably form the classic Christmas Tree (as named by my children) faux hawk shape, which was also not agreeable with the missus.  So, I walked over to Dork Clips after work last week and got a buzz cut.  A number 1 guard, for those of you in the know.

I got home in time to pick up the wife and kids for the presentation of the winners at my son's science fair at school.  My 9-year old son's reaction was, "Dad, you should really wear a hat!" with a look of embarrassment on his face.  My 5-year old daughter chimed in, "gross!" and they both asked when it would grow back.  Clearly, I had not pleased the masses with my decision.

It's been a week, and its grown back a bit, and I get better comments now.  Probably, the sympathy has started to kick in.  Either way, in 3 weeks, I will have the equivalent of a new small, hairy animal on my head.  I likely was uglier (tough to believe that this extra state was achievable) than normal, and the decision was probably not my best.

But, in life, like in business, the stakes were not critical, and hair grows back.  Build a bridge, get over it.

2 comments: