Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lucia and Mr. Mesero

This past week has been a whirlwind, but I've managed to try a couple of new spots around the Metroplex that are worth noting and passing on to my D/FW peeps:

1. Lucia - We had an excellent meal here with friends this week.  First, I got $10 off by checking in with Foursquare.  Thank you, American Express!  We ordered various antipasta, pasata, segundi and dolci dishes and the ones that really stood out were the crispy pork belly, the gnocchi, and all the main dishes: the pork shoulder, the duck breast, the merluza, and the steak.  All were delicious and well prepared, but the pork shoulder was tremendous.  The only thing they messed up was not having a proper expresso machine to make real coffee.  If the desserts don't float your boat, just walk next door to Dude, Sweet Chocolate and try their home made chocolates, fudges and marshmallows.  Very nice, and you can buy more to bring home after you're done grazing their samples.

2. Mr. Mesero - Mico Rodriguez, of the MCrowd fame (Mi Cocina, Taco Diner, The Mercury), opened a small, excellent taco restaurant in the former location of Burger Girl at 4444 McKinney Avenue in the Knox-Henderson area of Dallas.  We have been back twice, once with the kids, and we have not had a bad dish yet, and apparently others think the same.  We have not tried the drinks yet, as we're both on medication recovering from the crud, but I'll be back again soon to rectify that miss.  I really liked the crispy carnitas tacos from my first visit.  Nice, intimate locale, good service, great guac' and very tasty, unique flavors in the dishes.  It's opening makes up for CafĂ© San Miguel's surprising closing.  Mico is awesome.  Go tomorrow!

I've done my public service for my Dallas peeps and those friends who travel here.  Go, eat, and share a nice meal with family and friends.  Heck, invite me!

No comments:

Post a Comment